Chocolate Toxicity

To our valued clients as Easter is coming just a friendly warner about those chocolate goodies. Chocolate is toxic to dogs. Too much Chocolate can lead to upset tummies, elevated and irregular heart beats, seizures and even cause our pets to pass away. Try to keep chocolate away from your pets. If your pet has ingested chocolate it is recommended that your pet is brought into the vet to in juice vomiting. Ideally with in the first hour of ingestion. We initiate vomiting to reduce the risk of toxin side effects and the amount of chocolate digested. Depending on the amount your pet may require further care and treatment. The first step is to remove as much chocolate as possible as soon as we can. Emesis does not remove all the chocolate but helps to reduce the risk of toxicity. Have a safe and happy Easter.


Pulse Vet Warner



Skip Navigation Links.

(Click the arrows to expand)